Viridian: Pine Bark
Organic Pine Bark
Organic Pine Bark is a UK first by Viridian From the remote wild Nordic forests – a completely organic pine bark supplement innovation by ethical vitamin company Viridian Nutrition. Viridian’s Organic Pine Bark Extract is sourced from organically certified forests in Finland, where the air is pure and there is minimal human intervention. Finland ranks 5th in the world for air quality and pine trees grow naturally without the use of any chemicals. Derived from the inner and outer layer of the Pinus sylvestris tree, the organic pine bark extract is rich in naturally occurring Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPC), and sustainably harvested and ethically produced with no animal testing. Viridian’s Organic Pine Bark Extract is standardised to 70% OPCs, making this a high potency formulation and an ideal source of beneficial bioflavonoids. The ingredient undergoes a gentle water extraction that preserves the abundant polyphenol content creating a perfect high-quality pine bark extract. This innovation is the first Soil Association certified organic pine bark extract to be unveiled in the UK.
Viridian’s Director of Nutrition Aimee Benbow said: “Ensuring the highest ethical standards in ingredient sourcing in our formulations is paramount to Viridian. “Our Organic Pine Bark is responsibly sourced from trees grown in the Finnish Arctic, a location known for having one of the lowest pollution rates in the world. It’s these environmental conditions that can provide beneficial advantages to the OPC-rich content in the wild pine trees growing there naturally. “Gaining organic certification from the Soil Association guarantees the pine bark is non-GMO and grown using sustainable methods, without the use of harsh chemicals or pesticides. Our ongoing programme of new formulations contains strict ethical criteria. These include working and ensuring growers and producers adhere to our no animal testing policy.” Aimee added: “We’re delighted to be the first to develop a Soil Association certified organic pine bark extract supplement in the UK. With the rise in demand for organic and plant-based alternatives, our Organic Pine Bark Extract is the perfect ethical choice for those seeking a supplement rich in healthy polyphenols.”
Using only 100% active ingredients formulated by expert nutritionists, there are no artificial fillers and no nasties. Organic Pine Bark Extract Key Features:
• Sourced from wild pine trees in Finland.
• Certified organic.
• Standardised to 70% OPCs.
• 100% active ingredients with no fillers, binders or nasties.
• Vegan, never GMO, palm oil-free, against animal testing, ethically made.
Organic Pine Bark Extract is available in 30 capsules. You can find the supplement available at insert your health store name here. Finland’s Forest Magic - Did you know?
• Finland is among the top 10 cleanest countries in the world ranking 5th in the World Air Quality Report by IQAir and 7th in the 2020 Environmental Performance Index
• Finland’s air, forests, lakes and drinking water are exceptionally clean. • More than 75% of Finland is covered in forest – even in the capital city of Helsinki, there are sizeable forested areas.
• The Finnish Concept of ‘Everyman’s Right’ means residents can walk freely in the forest and enjoy the gifts of nature from mushrooms, berries and fresh air.
• Forest food in Finland has historically played an important role as an emergency source of nourishment. Flour made using the inner bark of pine trees was used during a period of famine to bake Pettuleipä – Finnish bread.
The information contained in this article is not intended to treat, diagnose or replace the advice of a health practitioner. Please consult a qualified health practitioner if you have a pre-existing health condition or are currently taking medication. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.